🧩 Step by Step Tutorial: Launch your podcast on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, and Google Podcasts
I was on a call with a finance person in his 40s who was interested in starting a podcast. He thought his kids would think it was wild if he figured out how to get his podcast on Apple, Spotify, and YouTube.
He goes “Okay this might sound dumb, but once I have the files ready, what do I do with them? To get them on my iPhone…does that make sense?”
Of course it does! Even if you get an editor for your first 3 episodes, a lot of the time, you’ll still have to upload, schedule, and manage your publishing.
That’s why I made a video where I hold your hand in getting your episodes on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, and Google Podcasts. And don’t worry, you can have sweaty hands. Because mine are horrifyingly dry. #team
This launch I document is about 25 hours of work from recording, editing, designing, and more. All of this distilled down to 30 minutes.
- (0:00): Organizing files
- (3:30): Setting up your podcast hosting in Buzzsprout
- (5:35): Podcast info settings
- (8:07): Uploading your first 3 podcast episodes
- (13:41): Publishing on podcast directories like Spotify with one click
- (15:37): Customer service call I had with Apple on troubleshooting setup for Apple Podcasts
- (17:57): Submitting your show on Apple Podcasts
- (21:00): Submitting your show to Google Podcast
- (24:09): Setting up a YouTube channel for video podcasts
- (28:21): How to create chapters for a better viewer experience on YouTube videos